By using our website, you consent to the terms of this Policy.
General Data Protection Regulation
Information from Children
Leruths is committed to protecting your personal information and allows the user to control what, how much, and when to share information. This Policy explains how we collect, use, store, and share your personal information.
Through Our Website
Every time you visit our website, our system automatically collects the following data and information:
- IP address of the device you use to visit leruths.com. This data on its own is anonymous and we are unable to identify you on this alone.
- Date and time you are visiting.
- Domain name of the page you visit after leaving our website.
- Cookies, which are small files that a site or its service providers embed on your computer (with your permission) to enable the site’s or service providers’ systems to recognize your browser and capture and retain certain information. Learn more about cookies here.
The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to enable the website to be delivered to your computer. For this, the IP address must remain stored for the duration of the session. The legal basis for the temporary storage of this personal data is therefore our legitimate interest according to Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
Chat / Contact Forms / Email Marketing Communications
- If you choose to communicate with us via chat, we will collect your name and your email address, as well as logs of your chat with us.
- If you choose to communicate with us via the contact form on our website, we will collect your name, email address, contact number, company name, and any free text field information you choose to include.
- Note: at the completion of a contact form, your IP address is no longer anonymous, and we will be able to identify you by the combination of your IP and contact information.
- If you choose to subscribe for updates (email marketing communications), we will collect your name and email address. Updates are sent monthly and include technology trends and industry best practices, as well as our own developments.
- You can unsubscribe from the updates at any time by updating your email preferences using the ‘Click here to opt out’ link, or by sending an email to [email protected] with the subject line “UNSUBSCRIBE” from the email address you wish to unsubscribe.
During the registration process, your consent is obtained for the processing of the data and reference is made to this Policy. The legal basis for the processing of personal data after registration for the email marketing communications respectively after the sending process, in the presence of your consent, is Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
As an alternative to filling out the contact form, you can contact us via the email address provided. In this case, your personal data transmitted by email will be stored. The legal basis for the processing of personal data transmitted in the course of sending an email is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR. If the email contact aims at the conclusion of a contract, then the additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
Personal information that you share through the leruths.com website may be transferred internationally, including to or through areas where the standards for data privacy differ from those in force in the United States.
Your personal data may be stored if this has been required by regulations, laws or other provisions to which we are subject. The personal data will also be blocked or erased if a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned standards expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for the conclusion or performance of a contract.
We will take reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information against any loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. For example, we ensure that the information collected on, or through, our website is stored on a secure server.
Personal information on the leruths.com website may be collected, processed, and stored by four companies: HelpCrunch, HubSpot, Mailchimp, and Pipedrive. Leruths is focused on working with companies that are committed to the Privacy Shield Principles. If you want to access or update your data, please email [email protected] with the subject line “UPDATE DATA”.
Leruths uses a software application provided by HelpCrunch for their chat feature (client engagement & support). Learn about HelpCrunch’s privacy practices here.
Leruths uses a software application provided by HubSpot for their update subscription feature (email marketing communications). Learn about HubSpot’s privacy practices here.
Leruths also uses a software application provided by Mailchimp for their update subscription feature (email marketing communications). Learn about Mailchimp’s privacy practices here.
Leruths uses a software application provided by PipeDrive for their service demo feature (pipeline management). Learn about Pipedrive’s privacy practices here.
We will retain your information until you notify us that you’d like to be removed from our contact lists.
By chatting, submitting contact forms, subscribing to email marketing communications, or by entering other personal data on our website, you provide us with information about yourself (see above regarding information collection). By submitting your data, you agree that your personal data may be collected, processed, and stored for the provision of certain contents and services on our website you have authorised or requested.
The data will be used exclusively for sending the email marketing communications respectively for processing the conversation. The collection of other personal data as part of the registration/sending process serves to prevent misuse of the services or the email address and to ensure the security of our information technology systems.
- Where you provide it, and consent, your email address may be used
- To send you information and updates related to your requests
- To send you periodic company updates
- To provide related product or service information
- We collect website performance data, which includes visitor IPs and cookies, to understand:
- How many visitors browse our website and what parts they go to
- How visitors interact with our website
- How to optimise website performance and ensure the security of our information technology systems
- We may use the information you provide to improve the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns, and to improve, modify or otherwise enhance our products and services for the benefit of our clients.
Leruths does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) to outside parties without your express consent.
Express consent to share your PII is not required in the case of trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep your information confidential (see above regarding information collection).
Leruths may also release your PII in cases where we believe such release is necessary to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Your personal information will be transmitted to our marketing agencies commissioned by us for the delivery of email marketing communications ordered and perform market activities and analytics. This company is contractually bound to comply with data protection regulations.
Use of HubSpot
We use HubSpot, a service of HubSpot Inc. (“HubSpot), on our website for our online marketing activities. HubSpot is a software company from the USA. HubSpot participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and also with the EU Standard Contractual (Model) Clauses and thus guarantees appropriate data protection.
So-called web beacons are used, and cookies are set, which are stored on your computer and enable us to analyse your use of the website (see below regarding cookies). HubSpot evaluates the recorded information (e.g. IP address, geographical location, type of browser, duration of the visit and pages accessed) on our behalf in order to generate reports regarding the visit and the pages visited.
If email marketing communications are subscribed (see above regarding information usage) and other documents are obtained, with HubSpot we can also link a user’s visits to our website with personal data (above all, name and email address) on the basis of a given consent (Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR), thus record personal data and inform users individually and purposefully about preferred topics.
We use all collected information exclusively to optimise our marketing.
This information and the contents of our website are stored on servers of HubSpot in the USA. The information can be used by us to get in contact with visitors of our website and to determine which services of our company are of interest to them.
If a recording by HubSpot is generally not desired, the storage of cookies can be prevented at any time by appropriate browser settings (see below regarding cookies).
Use of Google Analytics
The information generated by Google’s cookies about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide us with other services relating to website and Internet use.
To ensure that any personal reference can be excluded when processing your IP address, we have activated the “_anonymizeIp()” function with Google Analytics. As a result, IP addresses are not stored completely and are only processed further in abbreviated form. As far as the data collected about you contains a personal reference, this will be excluded immediately, and the personal data will be deleted immediately. Google will shorten the user’s IP address within member states of the European Union or in other EEA states prior to transmission. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The IP address transmitted by the user’s browser within the scope of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
For more information on how Google Analytics works, please refer to their Terms of Service at: https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/
Some of your data may be stored and/or transferred outside of the United States. However, we ensure that the countries where data is stored and transferred have national legislation for personal data protection which is comparable to the United States’ Privacy Act and the GDPR (where applicable).
Third Party Offers
Occasionally, at our discretion, Leruths may refer to third party products or services on our website. Use of these third party products or services will require your acceptance of a services agreement.
These third parties have separate and independent Privacy Policies. Leruths has no responsibility or liability for, nor direct control over, the content and activities of these third parties.
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting – which gives us additional insight into who has viewed our paid digital advertising on other websites. This will help us optimise and tailor our advertising.
- DoubleClick Platform integrations & Remarketing with Google Analytics – the integrations between both our web analytics and paid advertising platforms work together to give us additional insight. This allows us to tailor our advertising to ensure the right types of offers are shown to you while you are using the internet outside our website.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting – which gives us insight into behaviour information relating to visitor age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level. This will help us to understand browsing behaviour to give you a better experience whilst visiting our websites.
- Cookies are used to analyse your use of our website and to serve ads when you visit our website. The information we collect and share with third parties through cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous (it does not include personal information which is likely to identify you). The information may be used to serve you ads in relation to our products when you visit our website and third party websites. While we recommend that users enable cookies on their browsers in order to enjoy all the features of our website, the decision remains in the hands of the individual. Most browsers allow you to control management of cookies, this will be different depending on each user’s Computer – refer to your browser help menu for further information.
Turning Off Cookies
Unsubscribe From Email Marketing Communications
To unsubscribe from email marketing communications, please follow the unsubscribe instructions in any of our emails using the contact details contained in the message.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Right to Withdraw the Consent to Process Personal Data
Where the legal basis for the processing of your personal data is your consent according to Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that the withdrawal will only take effect in the future. Processing that took place before the withdrawal is not affected by this.
Right of Access by the Data Subject
You have the right to obtain information as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed by us according to Art. 15 (1) GDPR. If this is the case, you can, at any time, request information from us about e.g. the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed, the period of storage or the criteria used to determine that period and your rights in connection with the processing of your personal data.
Right to Rectification
You have the right to obtain from us the rectification and/or completion of incorrect or incomplete personal data concerning you according to Art. 16 (1) GDPR. It is important that the personal information we hold about you is up to date and complete. If you wish to make changes to your personal information, please update it in your profile or for further assistance, please email [email protected] with the subject line “UPDATE DATA”. It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information we hold about you, such as your billing address, is accurate and up to date.
Right to Erasure (Right to be Forgotten)
We keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, or for as long as required under applicable regulations, such as fraud and money laundering requirements, or for as long as necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Under certain conditions you can request deletion of your personal data or request that we stop processing your data subject to the limitations as set forth in Art. 17 (1) and (3) GDPR.
Right to Restriction of Processing
Under certain conditions you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data according to Art. 18 (1) GDPR.
Where processing of personal data concerning you has been restricted, such personal data may only be processed – with the exception of storage – with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of an important public interest.
Right to Data Portability
Under the conditions set forth in Art. 20 (1) GDPR you have the right to receive your personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. It also gives you the right to request that we transmit this data directly to another party, where technically feasible.
Right to Object
If we base the processing of your personal data on a balance of interests, you may object to the processing according to Art. 21 (1) GDPR. When exercising such objection, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as described by us. In the event of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and either stop or adjust data processing or explain our compelling reasons for protection.
Where personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to processing of the personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related with such direct marketing according to Art. 21 (2) GDPR.
Transfers of Personal Data
You have the right to request information as to whether the personal data concerning you is transferred to a third country or to an international organization according to Art. 44 (1) GDPR. In this context, you may request to be informed of the appropriate safeguards relating to the transfer.
Right to Lodge a Complaint
If you feel that your personal information has been used without your permission and contacting the sender has not yielded satisfactory results, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority according to Art. 77 (1) GDPR. You can issue a formal complaint by emailing us at [email protected] with the subject line “COMPLAINT”.
Ultimately, you have the right to enforce your rights in court or to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority. Please note that all requests under the rights listed above must be made in writing either by letter or email, and may require subsequent verification procedures to confirm the requestor’s identity.
Information from Children
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and Art. 8 (1) (3) GDPR, Leruths does not require children under 13 years old to reveal any information that could personally identify them. The Services are not directed to children under the age of 13, and Leruths will never knowingly collect personal or other information from anyone it knows is under the age of 13. Accordingly, you confirm that you are not under the age of 13 and you acknowledge that we do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information about children under the age of 13. We recommend that persons over 13 but under 18 years of age receive consent from a parent or legal guardian before using the Services and should age ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet.
Last Updated: November 20, 2019
7635 148th St W, #331
Saint Paul, MN 55124[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]